In a chaotic season and life in general this Thanksgiving holiday is a time to pause and give thanks for the positives in our lives. Avalanche fans are no different and while the team is merely between games on this day it is a time to reflect even just for a moment.
1. Cale Makar. The gift that will keep giving for a long while, decades perhaps.
2. Mikko Rantanen expected to return to the lineup this weekend. Rejoice that the Big Moose will be back in burgundy and blue and not a moment too soon.
3. Val Nichushkin finally scoring a goal. It was a long 92 game three and a half year wait.
— Colorado Avalanche (@Avalanche) November 24, 2019
4. An opportunity to play again overseas in the NHL Global Series with a game in Helsinki forthcoming on the 2020-21 schedule.
5. The addition of skills coach Shawn Allard who has been a great resource for all the players in the organization.
6. NHL debuts and first NHL goals.
Things we are grateful for:
First NHL goals.
— Colorado Avalanche (@Avalanche) November 28, 2019