Deadline Day: Crucial Links & Live Trade Updates
Good morning all. While not the free-for-all it used to be there’s still a fun and chaotic element to the last day of NHL Trading Season. We have some new & different coverage here at BR we’d love to invite you to try.
– First up we have a live Staff Voice Chat all day, sort of a rambling 8 hour radio show if you will. Give a listen in our TDL-Commentary channel on Discord when you have a moment. This should get going by around 10am ET at the latest.
– Your input is valuable to us! Plus it gives us matters to discuss over 8 hours, which is nice. Ask a question, make a comment or give feedback in the Trade Deadline Mailbag text channel, also on Discord, reply to this article down below or give us a shout on twitter and we’ll get to it for sure.
– As far as where to watch the magic unfold we have two (legal) options this year:
TSN Tradecentre on ESPN3
SportsNet/NHLN coverage (NHL.com link will be added when live)
– For stealth/quick viewing of trades as they happen, check out our own Rudo3’s live thread on Reddit here and we’ll also be updating today’s action below in this post.
– If (when?) the Avs do anything we’ll have it covered via all these means plus the usual analysis you’ve come to expect from the Burgundy Rainbow staff
– The day caps off with a live recording of this week’s Burgundy Radio Podcast in the above-linked TDL-Commentary channel, which you are also cordially invited to hear and contribute to. This should happen sometime around 5 or 6pm ET once all the trades are finalized by the league and we have a chance to reflect.
– The Deadline itself is 3pm ET, all trades must be submitted by then but it takes a while for them to be approved and released to the masses. There are also some other important aspects to this day like rosters are now unlimited as of midnight and anyone on the NHL roster at 3pm is ineligible to play in the AHL for the rest of the season. We’ll have anything of interest about these two points down below as well.
/ / / / / /
LIVE Trade Updates:
- Andrei Mironov re-assigned to San Antonio on Saturday night
- Avs Claim Mark Alt off of waivers.
The rest of the league:
- Montreal Canadiens receive Mike Reilly from the Minnesota Wild for a 2019 5th round pick.
- New Jersey Devils receive Patrick Maroon from the Edmonton Oilers for a 2018? 3rd round pick and an NCAA prospect.
- Winnipeg Jets receive Joe Morrow from the Montreal Canadiens for a 2018 4th round pick.
- Calgary Flames receive Nick Shore from the Ottawa Senators for TBA
- Boston Bruins receive Tommy Wingles from the Chicago Blackhawks for a 2018 5th round pick.
- Tampa Bay Lightning receive Ryan McDonagh from the New York Rangers for TBA.
- Vegas Golden Knights receive Tomas Tatar from the Detroit Red Wings for a 2018 1st round pick, a 2019 2nd round pick and a 2021 3rd round pick.
- Pittsburgh Penguins receive Josh Jooris from the Carolina Hurricanes for TBA.
- Columbus Blue Jackets receive Thomas Vanek from the Vancouver Canucks for Tyler Motte and Jussi Jokinen.
- San Jose Sharks receive Evander Kane from the Buffalo Sabres for a conditional 2019 1st round pick, a conditional 2020 4th and Daniel O’Reegan. (1st is lottery protected)
- New York Islanders receive Chris Wagner from the Anaheim Ducks for Jason Chimera.
- Columbus Blue Jackets receive Ryan Kujawinski from the Arizona Coyotes for Jordan Maletta and Carter
- Vancouver Canucks receive Brendan Leipsic from the Vegas Golden Knights for Philip Holm
- Winnipeg Jets receive Paul Stastny from the St. Louis Blues for a conditional 2018 1st round pick, a conditional 2020 4th round pick and Erik Foley. If Jets somehow win the lottery the 2018 1st becomes a 2019 first. If Jets do not sign Foley they receive the 2020 4th. (Blues retain 50% of Stastny’s salary)
- Nashville Predators receive Ryan Hartman and a 2018 5th round pick from the Chicago Blackhawks fora 2018 1st round pick Victor Edjsell and a 2018 4th round pick.
- Columbus Blue Jackets receive Ian Cole from the Ottawa Senators for a 2020 3rd round pick and Nick Moutrey.
- Nashville Predators receive Brandon Bolig and Troy Grosenick from the San Jose Sharks for a 2018 6th round pick.
- Columbus Blue Jackets receive Mark Letestu from the Edmonton Oilers, who receive Ponts Aberg from the Nashville Predators for a 2018 4th round pick from Columbus.
- Toronto Maple Leafs receive Tomas Plekanec and Kyle Baun from the Montreal Canadiens for Rinat Valiev, Kerby Rychel and a 2018 2nd round pick. (Canadiens retain 50% of Plekanec’s salary)
- Boston Bruins receive Rick Nash from the New York Rangers for Ryan Spooner, Matt Beleskey, Ryan Lindgren, a 2018 1st round pick and a 2019 7th round pick.
- New York Islanders receive Brandon Davidson from the Edmonton Oilers for a 2019 3rd round pick.
- Pittsburgh Penguins receive Derick Brassard, Vincent Dunn and a 2018 3rd round pick from the Ottawa Senators for Ian Cole, Filip Gustavsson, a 2018 1st round Pick and a 2019 3rd round pick. Penguins also receive Tobias Lindberg from the Vegas Golden Knights for Ryan Reaves and a 2018 4th round pick for retaining 40% of Brassard’s salary.
- New Jersey Devils receive Michael Grabner from the New York Rangers for a 2018 2nd round pick and Igor Rykov.
- Florida Panthers receive Frank Vatrano from the Boston Bruins for a 2018 3rd round pick.
- Los Angeles Kings receive Tobias Rieder and Scott Wedgewood from the Arizona Coyotes for Darcy Kuemper. (Coyotes retain 15% of Rieder’s Salary)
- Washington Capitals receive Jakub Jerabek from the Montreal Canadiens for a 2019 5th round pick.
- San Jose Sharks receive Eric Fehr from the Toronto Maple Leafs for a 2020 7th round pick.
- Boston Bruins receive Nick Holden from the New York Rangers for a 2018 3rd round pick and Rob O’Gara.
- Philadelphia Flyers receive Petr Mrazek from the Detroit Red Wings for a conditional 2018 4th round pick and a conditional 2019 3rd round pick. (2018 4th becomes a 3rd if Mrazek wins 5 games and the Flyers make the playoffs, and it becomes a 2nd if Flyers make the ECF and Mrazek wins 6 playoff games. The 2019 3rd is only received if the Flyers re-sign Mrazek)
- Washington Capitals receive Michal Kempny from the Chicago Blackhawks for a 2018 3rd round pick.
- Ottawa Senators receive Ville Pokka from the Chicago Blackhawks for Chris DiDomenico.
- St. Louis Blues receive Nikita Soshnikov from the Toronto Maple Leafs for a 2019 4th round pick.
- Ottawa Senators receive Marian Gaborik and Nick Shore from the Los Angeles Kings for Dion Phaneuf and Nate Thompson. (Senators retain 25% of Phaneuf’s salary)
You must log in to post a comment.